¿Do ext2 partitions need defragmentation?

Hi!
Sorry if my question seems trivial for some of you, but I don't have much experience with Linux or Unix.
As anybody knows, regular defragmentation is recommended on Windows partitions (FAT and NTFS). Is there such recommendation for native Linux partitions (ext2)? If so, which is the appropriate command for doing this?
Regards,
Fernando Álvarez

has notified the sender that this message has been received.