Mouse Driver Tweak possible?

Hi again,
allright, my left mouse button seems to be a little unperfect. When keep the button pressed and move the mouse over the testing field in the mouse config, i can observe that while i keep the button pressed steadily some click and doubleclick events are performed which should not occur. When i swap left and right mouse buttons everything works fine. I can reproduce a flattering state of left mouse button while giving more or less pressure to the button while keeping it held. I can not produce this behavoir on any ms windows operating system. So i figure the linux mouse driver is more sensible.

Is it possible to tell the mouse driver that the mouse button state has to change for something like 10 - 100 milliseconds until it really reacts on the state change of the mouse button?

Thanx for hints,

Thomas - who uses his mouse with swapped buttons right now...