Re: vid card issue

mike webster wrote:

The only problem I ran across was with my dual-headed Matrox G-450 video
card.  Symptoms were very inconsistent.  Upon initial power-on with the
first CD, when trying to launch X for the graphical install - the box
locked hard.  Okay, I'll just install using text mode - I got all the
way through the install, then upon firstboot, X wouldn't start.  The box

For what it's worth, I too have a dual-headed G450 but I was able to install and boot at runlevel 5 with no problems. No problems, except that my fonts are screwed up somehow. I haven't had time to investigate the problem, but it might have something to do with me using Matrox's X drivers instead of the default.

Peter