tape installation

Hello there.

I'm a Linux newbie, and I decided to start from Fedora. So I've installed
FC1 and everything works fine.

Today I've added an adaptec AH2904 SCSI card with an attached external DEC
TZ87 DLT tape drive.
During the reboot the operating system told me that a new scsi controller
was detected.

The scsi card and the tape drive seems to be installed correctly, but the
tape drive doesn't work.
When I try
mt -f /dev/st0 status
I get "No such device or address" error.

To make the tape work I need to issue a "modprobe aic7xxx" command manually.
After that the tape works.
When I reboot the machine the tape doesn't work anymore, and I need to issue
the modprobe command again.

How can I make the tape working across reboots?

Thanks in advance
Stefano