Re: less and LESSCHARSET=latin1 and scandinavian chars are &

On Sun, Nov 30, 2003 at 05:54:18PM -0800, Gordon Messmer wrote:
> Your LANG should probably be set to fi_FI.UTF-8.  Once you fix it,
> you'll have to log out and probably restart gdm to get your X session in
>  a UTF-8 locale.

Why would I want to use my machine in finnish language? Hate those
translations, and i don't think that utf-8 is here atm. Maybe in 2010 :)
But this conversation is getting so much of topic, i got it working
but i don't understand the logic why it works w/o lesscharset env,
but maybe it some changes in less which comes with fedora.

So I'm happy now, and will be using my machine in english and w/o utf-8.

--
 Jani Ollikainen   http://iki.fi/bestis/