Re: [RFC] sleepy linux

Pavel Machek wrote:
This is RFC. It does not even work for me... it sleeps but it will not
wake up, because SATA wakeup code is missing. Code attached for illustration.

I wonder if this is the right approach? What is right interface to the
drivers?

3) Network card that is either down
   or can wake up system on any packet (and not loose too many packets)

This is the big crux I see. You're going to constantly wake up the machine due to broadcast packets, and spend a lot of power just going in and out of S3.

	-hpa