Re: [patch 01/28] cpu alloc: The allocator

From: Christoph Lameter <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 18:55:21 -0800 (PST)

> On Thu, 15 Nov 2007, David Miller wrote:
>
> > Sparc32 is still broken, as just one of several possible examples.
>
> I have not looked at sparc32 sorry. If you simply set up a couple of
> configuration values in arch/sparc32/Kconfig then everything will be fine.

There is assembler code to write, which as I stated several
times nobody is going to work on or test.

It is unreasonable to add this new VMEMMAP requirement in order for
your patches to work properly.

> > The BSS usage is still there for platforms that don't use VMEMMAP.
>
> All MMU platforms can use the virtual mappings. The main use of the static
> configuration is for embedded systems.

Someone has to implement and test VMEMMAP now on all of these
architectures, it is becomming a requirement unlike in the sparsemem
patches case where it was optional.

That's unreasonable.