Re: [alsa-devel] [BUG] New Kernel Bugs

On Thu, Nov 15, 2007 at 06:59:34AM +0100, Rene Herman wrote:
> On 15-11-07 05:16, Bron Gondwana wrote:
>
>> Totally unrelated - I sent something to the kolab mailing list a couple
>
> [ ... ]
>
>> I'm sure if I had something that I considered worth informing the ALSA
>> project of, I'd be wary of spending the same effort writing a good post
>> knowing it may be dropped in between the by a list moderator just selecing
>> all and bouncing them.
>
> Totally unrelated indeed so why are spouting crap? If the kohab list has a
> problem take it up with them but keep ALSA out of it. alsa-devel has only
> ever moderated out spam -- nothing else.

As an outsider to the list, how do I know what your policy will be
other than "I've been rejected out of hand by someone else's list,
so my experience is that member only lists aren't willing to listen
to something I have to say unless I make the effort to sign up and
have yet another folder accumulating unread messages".  I don't.

Well, ok - maybe I do here since I've let myself be dragged in to
the debate.  Oops.

I get the same information from both project websites: "moderated
for non-members, public archives" - no way of knowing that ALSA
will accept me informing them of something they would be interested
without committing to reading or bit-bucketing their list.

The alternative is to subscribe just long enough to send something
and then unsubscribe again.... or cold-email a member and ask them
to pass a message along.  Or post and hope it doesn't get rejected,
not even knowing for a day or so.

Bron.