Re: [patch 2/4] Add ARCH_SUPPORTS_OPROFILE

Hi Mathieu.

> It would be much better to do
>
>         depends on ARCH_SUPPORTS_KPROBES
>
> in that generic file, and then architectures that do support it would just
> have a
>
>         bool ARCH_SUPPORTS_KPROBES
>                 default y

The above suggestion is actually not exactly the best way to do it...
First the naming..
A quick grep shows following usage today (in Kconfig files)
ARCH_HAS	51
ARCH_SUPPORTS	4
HAVE_ARCH	7

ARCH_HAS is the clear winner.

In the common Kconfig file do:

config FOO
	depends on ARCH_HAS_FOO
	bool "bla bla"

config ARCH_HAS_FOO
	def_bool n

In the arch specific Kconfig file in a suitable place do:

config SUITABLE_OPTION
	select ARCH_HAS_FOO

The naming of ARCH_HAS_ is fixed and shall be:
ARCH_HAS_<config option it will enable>

Only a single line added pr. architecture.
And we will end up with a (maybe even commented) list of trivial selects.

Sorry for providing late feedback on this!

	Sam