Re: [BUG] New Kernel Bugs

On Tue, Nov 13, 2007 at 05:55:51PM -0800, David Miller wrote:
> From: Andrew Morton <[email protected]>
> Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2007 14:32:01 -0800
>
> > On Tue, 13 Nov 2007 22:18:01 +0000 Russell King <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> > > Find some other mailing list; I'm not hosting *nor* am I willing to run a
> > > non-subscribers only mailing list.  Period.  Not negotiable, so don't even
> > > try to change my mind.
> >
> > Making a list subscribers-only will cause some bug reports to be lost.
> >
> > Tradeoffs are involved, against which decisions must be made.  You have
> > made yours.
>
> Russell doesn't have to worry any more, he doesn't have to
> host it, and he doesn't have to be willing to run a
> non-subscribers-only mailing list.
>
> Because I am.
>
> I've created [email protected]

By doing so you've just said (implicitly) that you can not tolerate
someone having a different opinion from your own.

While I accept *your* right to run *your* lists how you please, you
are unable to accept *my* right to run *my* lists how I see fit.

Time will tell which lists will survive.  Whatever, I suspect that by
doing what you've just done, you're going to create more confusion and
problems. Instead of having one focused place for discussions and bug
reports, they're going to be spread more thinly, meaning less people
looking at such things, meaning more bugs get ignored.  Thus making
the issue worse.

So, when are you creating a replacement alsa-devel mailing list on
vger?  That's also subscribers-only.

--
Russell King
 maintainer of: