Re: [sdhci] mmc0: unrecognised SCR structure version 1

On Sat, 29 Sep 2007 05:42:37 +0200 (CEST)
Adam Wysocki <[email protected]> wrote:

> [CCd to possibly interested Pierre Ossman and Rodolfo Giometti]
>
> Hi there,
>
> First, sorry for my poor english - I am not a native.
>
> I know there have been a thread about this problem few months ago,
> but as far as I see it did not led to any results:
> http://groups.google.com/group/linux.kernel/browse_thread/thread/19116cafe8a20b5/4a28c3b15bb999df
>
> I have the same problem, as described there, with Kingston 2GB SD
> card. My card reader is embedded into Fujitsu-Siemens AMILO Pro V3505
> notebook and Linux sees it as:

If it's just this card, then I would have to conclude that it is indeed
broken. You'd have to return it to the store and get a new one.

(I'm afraid we can't just ignore the version field as there have been
several changes in the past where new version means no backward
compatibility.)

> I have posted some debugging messages from sdhci here (ca. 44 kB):
> http://www.chmurka.net/r/mmc-debug.txt

"Forbidden"

> PCMCIA (ide-cs) card reader does not see this card neither, but does
> not spit any error messages - just that the card is not seen
> in /proc/partitions:

That card reader probably just doesn't have a way of reporting errors
back to you.

> On the other side, my Canon A610 camera sees and handles this card
> properly. Also does the usb-storage reader:

I'd be very cautious about using those then. Since they obviously just
assume they can use any card you stick in there, it's a good chance
they'll start eating your data when never cards hit the market.

Rgds
--
     -- Pierre Ossman

  Linux kernel, MMC maintainer        http://www.kernel.org