Re: [00/41] Large Blocksize Support V7 (adds memmap support)

On Tue, 11 Sep 2007, Nick Piggin wrote:

> I think I would have as good a shot as any to write a fragmentation
> exploit, yes. I think I've given you enough info to do the same, so I'd
> like to hear a reason why it is not a problem.

No you have not explained why the theoretical issues continue to exist
given even just considering Lumpy Reclaim in .23 nor what effect the
antifrag patchset would have. And you have used a 2M pagesize which is
irrelevant to this patchset that deals with blocksizes up to 64k. In my
experience the use of blocksize < PAGE_COSTLY_ORDER (32k) is reasonably
safe.