Re: Improving read/write/close system call reliability when used with pthreads

> POSIX appears to leave it "implementation-defined" provided I
> interpret this correctly, of course. So wouldn't it be great to make
> one of the current results a reliable feature?

Given that 99.99% of programs don't appear to care and you materially
slow down a critical path for every read and write I'm skeptical.

Teaching the pipe code specifically to behave more nicely in this case
might be worthwhile (and as it happens with sockets in the same case you
can use shutdown() before close to get your preferred behaviour)

Alan