Re: x86 setup code rewrite in C

H. Peter Anvin wrote:
> Al Boldi wrote:
> > H. Peter Anvin wrote:
> >> This patch set replaces the x86 setup code, which is currently all in
> >> assembly, with a version written in C, using the ".code16gcc" feature
> >> of binutils (which has been present since at least 2001.)
> >>
> >> The new code is vastly easier to read, and, I hope, debug.  It should
> >> be noted that I found a fair number of minor bugs while going through
> >> this code, and have attempted to correct them.
> >
> > I have an i810 which supends-to-ram just fine, but when booted over pxe
> > it just hangs.  Will these patches fix this, and if so, is there an easy
> > tar-ball against 2.6.22?
>
> There is absolutely no way to know, other than testing it.  There isn't
> any real reason to suspect the setup code in your case, but it's worth a
> shot, I guess.

Well it's a bit far fetched to suspect the setup code, but I have another
i440 that suspends-to-ram when booted over pxe without any problems.  And,
booting the i810 through dos-lilo also hangs STR, so that's why assumed it
may be a setup code thing.

> There is a git tree on git.kernel.org you can pull, which is current
> against 2.6.22.

How can I pull a tar-ball from that without using a git client?

Thanks!

--
Al