Assistance debugging a Micrel network driver

Hello,
I hope this is the right place to request some assistance, my apologizes if its not.

I'm currently developing a network driver for a new controller chip. The driver is mostly complete and appears to be working, with the exception that messages received and sent up the stack appear to get dropped by a higher layer. Specifically we are seeing ARP "who is" requests go out, and the response come back (only 2 nodes on this network), the skb is configured and the frame is sent up with netif_rx (we haven't started supporting NAPI yet). The response seems to get dropped somewhere as another ARP "who is" request is sent. I am using the 2.6.21.5 kernel (compilied with network debugging turned on) and we
have also tested with the 2.6.17 kernel, all acted the same.

The upper layers obviously work so I'm sure it's something in my driver.

I have turned on as much debugging in the kernel as I could find, but I get no messages. Could someone please let me know if there is additional debugging I should consider or if there is a dynamic way to turn on debugging in L2 and/or L3.

Additionally, if anyone has any idea what might be happening, I would greatly appreciate any information.

Thank You

Greg

--

Greg Huber