Re: Mounting MMC card

Am Donnerstag 28 Juni 2007 19:08 schrieb Midhun Agnihotram:

>     How do I access the MMC card data now? If I try to mount it,
> busybox doesnot mount it.
>
> # mount /dev/mmcblk0p0 /mnt/mmc
> mount: mounting /dev/mmcblk0p0 on /mnt/mmc failed
>
>   I have tried with /dev/mmcblk0p0, mmcblk0p1,etc. But of no use. How
> do I access the contents of MMC card? Is there any thing missing in my
> settings? Busybox does not say anything other than the above error
> message.

Unfortunately, busybox mount is not very verbose. You get the above
mentioned error message even if the device file doesn't exist...

You should check:

* Is the driver for your MMC actually loaded?
* Did it initialize correctly? Does it find your MMC card?
* Is support for the file system on the MMC in your kernel?
* /dev/mmcblk0p0 and /mnt/mmc really exist? (sorry, but...)

Check the output of dmesg for messages from the mmc driver.

Hans