Is it time for remove (crap) ALSA from kernel tree ?

>>I don't like random applications blocking my sound card.
>So don't use random applications.

I have ICE1724, a very good sound card to my taste, works like a charm. But
with ALSA I had a really hard time to configure it properly, wanna see
my .asoundrc? And I am not sure I have done it right (== the best possible
way). I have read everything on http://www.alsa-project.org/documentation.php
about .asoundrc. When I am using Skype I have to rename .asoundrc to
something else in order to get it working. When I am doing some changes
to .asoundrc I have to restart the app. Is there a tool which can be used to
configure .asoundrc? I want to be able to hear sound from flashplayer on my
reciever or in my headphones -- how? It's not quite clear to me how to get
full duplex working with my .asoundrc.
--
Anton Petrusevich