Re: [2.6 PATCH] Fix LDM for new field in the VOL5 VBLK.

On 27 Jun 2007, at 18:03, Linus Torvalds wrote:
On Wed, 27 Jun 2007, Anton Altaparmakov wrote:

Please apply the below patch to the LDM driver.

This looks fine, but last time I applied a LDM patch just before release,
there was some embarrassing compile problem with it.

See commit 72dd9ca59944.

Which just makes me go "hmm.." at this stage.

Up to you. What Ash tested was dropping the ldm.c and ldm.h that I emailed him into his kernel tree and compiling and booting. Once he confirmed that it works and is parsing his LDM drives correctly I on my machine did "git diff > file", then scp-ed the file to the mail server, created a message in pine, and did "ctrl+r file" to insert it into the message. After I had sent the message to you I exported the message to a file in pine, deleted the message text and did a diff with the original patch and it showed no differences.

What you refer to when I did the diff after the fact the diff failed with a line difference... The patch had gotten corrupted (probably by me)...

So I can only assume it will work this time.

Best regards,

	Anton
Linux NTFS maintainer, http://www.linux-ntfs.org/