Re: Linux Kernel include files

Harald Arnesen <[email protected]> wrote:

> [email protected] (Joerg Schilling) writes:
>
> >> If I actually install smake, as Jörg recommends, the message becomes:
> >> smake: Can't find any source for 'CCOM_suncc'.
> >> smake: Couldn't make 'CCOM_suncc'.
> >
> > Well, I was in hope that a small typo (in special as the correct spelling is in
> > the file README.compile) should not be a problem.
> >
> > You need to use CCOM=suncc
>
> Then it (star, I haven't tried cdrtools yes) compiles and links fine.
> There must be something wrong with your Linux installation.

Maybe because it automatically deactivates the Linux extensions if the
autoconfiguration sees broken include files. Did you see something like:

checking if Linux include file linux/ext2_fs.h is broken... yes
checking if Linux include file /usr/src/linux/include/linux/ext2_fs.h is broken... yes
checking if Linux include file scsi/scsi.h is broken... no
checking if Linux include file /usr/src/linux/include/scsi/scsi.h is broken... no
checking if Linux include file scsi/sg.h is broken... no
checking if Linux include file /usr/src/linux/include/scsi/sg.h is broken... no

Warning: *** /usr/src/linux/include contains broken include files ***
Warning: *** /usr/src/linux/include is not used this reason ***
Warning: This may result in the inability to use recent Linux kernel interfaces

Warning: *** linux/ext2_fs.h is not usable at all ***
Warning: *** This makes it impossible to support Linux file flags ***
You may try to compile using 'make COPTX=-DTRY_EXT2_FS'

Jörg

--
 EMail:[email protected] (home) Jörg Schilling D-13353 Berlin
       [email protected]                (uni)