Re: NVidia Driver Support - 1680x1050 mode

OK where to start?

Firstly this is really the wrong list your writing to. Chances are
you'll be wanting to ask your question at
http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=14 if your
using the Nvidia Blob otherwise if your using the 2D only NV driver
then you should really aim your question at the Xorg guys and gals

Secondly how exactly did you tell it differently?

Chances are your /etc/conf.d/xorg.conf is wrong if you were using the
latest X server with the latest binary blob (nvidia driver) chances
are it would detect the highest resolution and set it for you. The
program nvidia-xconfig should fix the file for you.

Oh and thirdly do you really think it just works on windows is a good
incentive to get people to help you? Yes it should work out the box
but unfortunately the world of Linux 3D drivers is mostly dominated
with company's that prefers keeping their drivers in a black box and
hopefully in the not too distant future the neuveau project might
remedy this.

Any way I hope this e-mail both helps with your problems and adds to
your understanding of how things work. The kernel mailing list is for
kernel issues (which include rivafb and nvidiafb but not nv and nvidia
3d issues) so if you ever plug in a hard drive and it's not working at
full speed or something along those lines that's when you should call.

Cheers

Mike