Re: [patch] CFS scheduler, -v13

Hi,

I wanted to mail earlier, but I had always something get in my way.

I used cfs v13 since you announced it. Since patching the kernel (2.6.21.1)
with cfs v13
I did the following things;

- big backup of home onto tape and restoring it after changing to reiser4
(yes, I know the threads about its problems, but I always wanted to try it -
and when fragmentation reached the point of unbearable, I switched. The
really important stuff is still on a different fs, and I figured that using
an experimental fs might be the kick I need to do frequently updates
again..).

- lots and lots and lots of compiling. And then some more compiling.

- burning dvds (I also switched to libata - if you go experimental, why don't
do it completly... only the dvd drive and a 'data dump' harddisk are
affected.. but hey, since then no surprise-pio-mode anymore...)

- some ut2004

- assorted desktop stuff. typing, surfing, video, music,  - most of
it in parallel. some 'minor' games like freeciv, wesnoth, lgeneral.

- some vegastrike-svn

So far I am pretty satisfied.  I can't see any regressions, music is
skip-free, videos play nice, burning dvds is fast, ut2004 and vegastrike play
well. The other games can't be better and did not get worse. Everything else
behaves like always.

Glück Auf,
Volker