Re: cpufreq longhaul locks up

Jan,

Can You send output of x86info program and output of
lspci command? Longhaul wasn't working for You since 2.6.18 right?
I'm going to work now, but I will be available after 14:00 UTC.

If You have problem with longhaul+powersave there may be one thing
related. When I started to change Longhaul it was causing lockups
on Epia 800. I added transition protection. Helped, but not for
long. After one or two hours machine locked up anyway. I found
datasheet in Google and changed "disable BMDMA bit on PCI device" to
northbridge support. Problem fixed. Somehow CLE133 chipset didn't
like touching "BMDMA master" bits.
Second: I didn't get answer from VIA why they are blocking ACPI C3 on CPU's
faster then 1GHz. I don't know if it is standard practice and if
Intel and AMD are doing it too.

Things worth checking: disable PREEMPT, change it to "Voluntary preemption".
Check if using conservative governor makes any difference. I know that
this may sound strange, but transition latency is directly proportional to
difference between current and destination frequency. Maybe for faster
processors it isn't allowed to change frequency directly from min to max?

Rafał