Re: [ck] Announce - Staircase Deadline cpu scheduler v0.41

On Thursday 19 April 2007 09:59, Con Kolivas wrote:
> Since there is so much work currently ongoing with alternative cpu
> schedulers, as a standard for comparison with the alternative virtual
> deadline fair designs I've addressed a few issues in the Staircase Deadline
> cpu scheduler which improve behaviour likely in a noticeable fashion and
> released version 0.41.
>
> http://ck.kolivas.org/patches/staircase-deadline/2.6.20.7-sd-0.41.patch
> http://ck.kolivas.org/patches/staircase-deadline/2.6.21-rc7-sd-0.41.patch
>
> and an incremental for those on 0.40:
> http://ck.kolivas.org/patches/staircase-deadline/2.6.21-rc7/sched-implement
>-staircase-deadline-scheduler-further-improvements.patch
>
> Remember to renice X to -10 for nicest desktop behaviour :)
>
> Have fun.

Oops forgot to cc a few people

Nick you said I should still have something to offer so here it is.
Peter you said you never saw this design (it's a dual array affair sorry).
Gene and Willy you were some of the early testers that noticed the advantages
of the earlier designs,
Matt you did lots of great earlier testing.
WLI you inspired a lot of design ideas.
Mike you were the stick.
And a few others I've forgotten to mention and include.

--
-ck