Re: MOST(Media Oriented Systems Transport) Interface?

On Fri 23 Feb 2007 20:47, Rik van Riel wrote:
> Robin Getz wrote:
> > Does anyone have a pointer for a MOST (Media Oriented Systems Transport) driver?
>
> Are there any applications that use that protocol?

Many - all automotive embedded - If you drive a recent car - from Audi, Aston Martin, Ford, BMW, Honda, Hyundai/Kia, DaimlerChrysler, Jaguar, Land Rover, Nissan, Porsche, Toyota, Volvo, or VW - you may be using it today.

> Specifically, any applications worth caring about?

Again - depends on who you are. If you are one of the above - yes, you care allot. If you are a enthusiast you wants low level access to entertainment system in your car - then you care too.

It is like asking if I should care about applications using 100Base-T - as a user - I just want it to work and I only care when it doesn't work; as a driver developer - I care alot, but am agnostic to the application.

I found a spec that says MOST runs IP -

http://www.mostcooperation.com/downloads/Specifications/MOST%20Specifications/MAMAC%20Specification

but thought I would ask if anyone else has any public work about the non-IP protocols.

For those that might care, full spec is at:

http://www.mostcooperation.com/downloads/Specifications/MOST%20Specifications/MOSTSpecification.pdf

-Robin