[QUESTION] Sata RAID

Hi,

Quick question,

Since I am going to open my server today to do some pata tests (for
the weird detection problems people are giving me fantastic help with,
no sarcasm, I really mean it) I thought: why not add two 320GB SATA
disks on the SATA controller that the mainboard has.

I am wondering: should I use the onboard RAID function? Is this
supported by Linux? I remember back in "the old days (TM)" there were
seperate (spelling) drivers for ataraid, how does the current 2.6
branch cope with the RAID functions of modern motherboards?

I am aware that it is NOT hardware raid, the raid is done in the
driver, which is why you need this fancy boot disk before installing
Windows on your RAID set.

Or would you suggest me to stick with MD devices?

Cheers,

Patrick Ale
[email protected]

"kun kasvan isoksi, halun olla poro"