Re: module-init-tools-3.3-pre10 available

Luiz Fernando N. Capitulino wrote:
On Thu, 22 Feb 2007 09:52:20 -0500
Jon Masters <[email protected]> wrote:

| Sergey Vlasov wrote:
| | > I see that you have merged some patches which change depmod.8.
| > However, this file is generated from doc/depmod.sgml, which was not
| > changed appropriately.
| | Ah. A valid point - Luiz, do you want to redo your patch or I can take a | look at the SGML source myself.

 Urgh, I didn't know that, sorry.

 I can redo my patch, but shouldn't the manpages be removed from the
repository then?

I think it's like the configure/Makefile.in situation. These files should technically not be in the repo either (and you removed them in your tree) but I re-added them because people have an expectation that:

./configure
make

will do something "out of the box". I just need to re-run autoconf/automake periodically to keep the files up to date. It's a pain, but I'll script that in due course alongside rebuilding the man pages - actually, this is probably just a convenient makefile target.

So if you want to redo the patch against those man pages, I'll regenerate them prior to pushing the next update. We'll leave it as it is until then because the update (IIRC) was just to re-order existing content so it's not like we have to push this with urgency.

Jon.