Re: [patch] s390: do not use _local_bh_enable()

* Martin Schwidefsky <[email protected]> wrote:

> [...] cio_tpi and sclp_sync_wait are used to wait for the interrupt of
> the console device to make room in the buffer for a printk out of
> disabled context.

ouch. So you want/need to wait for a specific type of interrupt, in a
section of code that has all interrupts disabled? Is this the only form
of communication to the hypervisor, for this particular purpose? It
seems to me that polling a bit in a buffer shared between the hypervisor
and the guest OS [combined with cpu_relax()] would fit this scenario
alot better (and wouldnt cause any such gymnastics to avoid regular
Linux irq processing) than waiting for an interrupt to be injected by
the hypervisor. Or is this interrupt-based interface an ABI property and
the only way to do it?

	Ingo