Re: gitweb on kernel.org buggy?

H. Peter Anvin wrote:
> gitweb on kernel.org is at least in part orphanned, since the "official"
> gitweb maintainers don't seem to listen to us (kernel.org people) w.r.t.
> some issues, mainly related to caching, we've had to fork gitweb and
> maintain it ourselves -- however, since kernel.org is currently all
> volunteer labor, we have limited amount of time in which to deal with
> things.

A non-representative data point: 98.72% (give or take ten percent) of my
accesses to kernel.org hosted git repos is via gitweb --- even despite
its slowness, synchronization lag, and bug(s).

Would be nice if there was anybody familiar with issues concerning
high-volume gitweb serving who could contribute.
--
Stefan Richter