Re: off topic: Dolphin massacre in Japan

on 02/23/2007 10:58 AM David Miller wrote the following:
> From: Aggelos <[email protected]>
> Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 09:32:26 +0200
>

>> PS: Before any smart-ass jumps in, effectively making this post a thread
>> about what  spam is, let me say that if I posted it to a dolphin or
>> other related list, there would be no gain, as they should already be
>> aware of it.  My intent is_NOT_ to discuss the subject here (in this
>> list). Only want to make people aware, and so, if they want they can
>> sign the petition. So don't reply  to say this is spam, because it may
>> be, but unlike spam, it will serve its purpose anyway.
>>

> This is not an exscuse.
I' am not asking for excuse.
Nor do I feel guilty.
>  linux-kernel is not some place for
> making people "aware" of some important non-Linux issue,
> just like any other mailing list is not an appropriate place
> for off-topic discussions.

Yea, I disturbed you too much.
Sorry.
> The importance of the issue makes your posting no less inappropriate,
> so please don't use that as a justification.
I' am not asking for justification from anyone.
>  The fact that you
> believe that posting this on somewhere more appropriate is "without
> gain" is not an exscuse either.

I know.
> Or perhaps you think it's appropriate to crap
You can crap, not me. Sorry.
>  on just about any
> mailing list in the world as long as the issue is "important"?
>
> linux-kernel is not to be used as a bullhorn for people to use
> as they feel like to spread whatever information they want.

Hmm... Did I say so?
You did.
> So the next person who does this will be black-listed at
> vger.kernel.org forever,
This will not keep real spamers off...
>  as I am explicitly stating right now that our
> policy is that this kind of posting is inappropriate.  NO exceptions.

Never asked for exceptions.
Sorry for the brains of some people, though...