Re: -freg-struct-return?

Jan Engelhardt wrote:
On Feb 22 2007 19:36, Andi Kleen wrote:
BTW would it make sense to have a special announcement list for such changes?

A changelog in the kernel tree would be helpful. A real changelog that is,
not that info blob located at /Documentation/Changes.

I presume you're talking about a BSD-style ChangeLog. I've always found those utterly useless, since they're basically the equivalent of SCM history but without any of the abilities to sort, filter, etc, thus making it utterly impossible to find anything. They're a pain to maintain (they inherently *always* cause merge failures) and add very little.

	-hpa