Re: Recent and not-so problems with tifm_sd driver

--- Pierre Ossman <[email protected]> wrote:

> Alex Dubov wrote:
> >
> > You'll agree, I think, that add_disk in mmc_block_probe issues a lot of requests (reads
> partition
> > table, fs superblocks and such - plenty of room for critical errors). Then, driver's remove
> method
> > will not be called before driver's probe method had finished. So mmc_block is quite involved,
> even
> > though it does not affect the problem's resolution.
>
> I agree that mmc_block's probe method will generate a whole bunch of requests.
> But I don't see how that can be called given the scenario you describe.

mmc_rescan
  mmc_register_card
    device_add
      mmc_block_probe
        mmc_block_alloc
          -> queue thread starts running
        add_disk
          -> issues a lot of requests; card fails, my drivers calls mmc_remove_host, which in
             turn calls device_del, though we are still in device_add