Re: libsata doesn't like bus without master

On 2/11/07, Robert Hancock <[email protected]> wrote:
Patrick Ale wrote:
> On 2/11/07, Robert Hancock <[email protected]> wrote:
>> Patrick Ale wrote:
Then in that case you should set the remaining drive as master. That's
just the way PATA is. A lot of BIOSes won't even detect a drive that's
set as slave with no master present.

Yea, I guess you're right. For me it isnt a problem, This error
message will disappear for me anyway, since I am going to re-add the
drive now, like I said yesterday, I am re-adding stuff one by one, to
isolate problems.

I can just imagine that switching a jumper might not be as easy for
everybody, especialy when they bought special front-loading harddisk
bays for their disks and all, for the very reason of not having to
open the case.

Yeah, that's a better point. It's not really complaining, but we could
probably have a better way of suppressing that message. I think it's
largely there so that we can debug issues with drives not being detected
when they should.

It's not like it is causing any problems, nothing hangs or slows down
at boot time, its just something I came across when checking my dmesg
and wanted to inform the list so I could see if this was normal
behaviour or not :)

Patrick