Re: [patch, fix build regression] kbuild: Kbuild.include avoid using spaces in call arguments

On Thu, 8 Feb 2007, Roman Zippel wrote:

> Sorry, it needs more changes, the patch simply wasn't ready.

One problem I find very problematic with all the Kbuild setup is that
people tend to be very quiet about any build issues until they simply go
in.

Things don't "get ready" on their own. In other areas, people comment on
why they don't like patches. In Kbuild, for some reason, we often seem to
have this situation where people don't react at all.

Sam is great about maintaining the kernel build stuff most of the time,
but because it's clearly a "secondary" thing, there tends to be some
periods when nothing happens. Which is problematic for me..

So I end up in a situation where I just basically will apply the patches
just becauseif I don't, nothing ever happens. The good news is that _once_
I apply them, people will usually notice problems and send in fixes fairly
quickly. But this particular email was NOT useful, for example.  "needs
more changes" is the epitome of a "not useful" comment.

I notice that Kai should probably have been Cc'd, and quite possibly
wasn't. So I added him now.

In the meantime, I've applied the fixup patch. And more specific problem
reports or patches are welcome.

		Linus