Re: [patch 1/1] PM: Adds remount fs ro at suspend

On Wed, 07 Feb 2007, Nigel Cunningham wrote:
> Ok, as far as usage scenario goes, that's fair enough. But as to the
> solution, I wonder though whether it's making life more complicated than
> it needs to be. After all, we should also be able to cope okay with
> having the power suddenly go out. If we can cope with that, cleaning
> filesystems prior to suspending should be a non-issue.

We don't cope okay with the power going out, at all.  And as an user case, a
need for fsck if you do something that is a reasonable use case (unplugging
devices while suspended) is not okay, either.

> Likewise with changes in hardware. Once hotplugging support is mature,
> suspending, switching around hardware and resuming should just result in
> hot[un]plug events.

Well, if we add *move* events for when someone unplugs a usb stick in one
port and replugs it in another while the system is in lala-land... maybe :-)
It would be normal to do it, when dealing with docks.

  Henrique Holschuh