Re: [RFC 0/28] Patches to pass vfsmount to LSM inode security hooks

On Monday 05 February 2007 11:50, Chris Wright wrote:
> This kind of change (or perhaps straight to struct path) is definitely
> needed from AA.

I tried struct path; in terms of code size it doesn't seem worth it. We could
get identical code out of it as if we were passing the dentry and vfsmount
individually, with somewhat slimmer looking interfaces, but then we'd have to
create temporary struct path objects in a few places, and accessing either
object would become a bit more verbose (path.dentry instead of dentry, etc.)

See the following thread on linux-kernel, Message-ID
[email protected]:

  [RFC] Pack the vfsmount and dentry in nameidata into a struct path

Thanks,
Andreas