Re: More pata_ stuff

On 2/4/07, Alan <[email protected]> wrote:

PATA_OLDPIIX drives the PIIX (the original not PIIX3,4, etc)

People do find that confusing so if there is any rewording for
Configure.help that would have made it easier and more obvious let me know

Okay so.. what do I define now to use libsata with this controller?

I thought PATA_OLDPIIX would be it, like it is just that for VIA,SIL
and Promise.

And, maybe its a good idea to make it so that if you select
PATA_OLDPIIX it automaticly selects the dependencies aswell? I see
this happen a lot with other kernel things, like V4L2 and so.
Obviously just selecting PATA_OLDPIIX makes you have a half-configured
kernel config for this controller, and i used "make menuconfig", I
didnt manually edit the .config file.