Intel chooses not to support its HECI/QPS Chip in Linux?

Hi,

Anyone from Intel that reads LKML, could you provide an update as to what is happening with support for your HECI Controller/QPS chip, which is used on 965 (and possibly other?) chipsets.

I bought an Intel board, thinking everything would be supported, because it is an Intel board. The board is an Intel DG965WHMKR. Is Intel changing its values around open source? Digging around, one will read something regarding Intel loads a special piece of code in the firmware of the chip. Seems anti-open-source to me. I believe a lot of people are interested in viewing their temperature of their chipsets, cpu, etc within
Linux, currently this is not possible.

What if any other types of motherboards are really fully supported in Linux these days? Suffice to say, I am a bit surprised Intel has been quietly ignoring this for quite some time now.

Some of the discussion that has been going on regarding this issue:

http://softwareforums.intel.com/ISN/Community/en-US/forums/thread/30225715.aspx

"Hello, Intel(r) Quiet System Technology (QST) support is provided by the Firmware running the Management Engine. Linux support, however, is not currently planned for QST and so there is no HECI driver for Linux. G. Holmes"

http://www.lm-sensors.org/ticket/2134
http://www.lm-sensors.org/ticket/2153

Can anyone provide any update?

Justin.