hdparm for lib_pata

Hi guys,

Me again, sorry.

Is it possible to make hdparm work with libata?
I have some drives that for some reason fall back to lower UDMA
settings (like UDMA/44) while the drive is UDMA/100. I blame the way I
set-up my raid arrays for this and the bus not being able to handle
all the data that goes trough it but that isnt really the case now.

Anyway, I used to be able to force the drive back with using hdparm
-X68 -d 1 /dev/sdk
But with the new lib_pata drivers I get "Inappropriate iotcl for
device" and HD_IO_DRIVE_CMD Input/Output errors.

Or! Is there some other way to force the drive not to failback to
lower UDMA settings? (Yep, I know, if this is answer, it's my risk, I
cant and wont blame you for destructing my pr0n or severe trauma I
suffer from losing data)

Patrick