Re: smp and irq conflict

Lapo TIN wrote:
I need to capture at 25 frame per second from each channel...
So 25 x 8 total frames per second on the pci.

So do you think I have to change the motherboard ?
What is important ? the chipset ? is there specification I need ?

What resolution are you using? 720x480 with 24 bits per pixel and 25fps will use about 25MB/sec on the PCI bus, there is no way you can keep up with 8 channels running on a standard 32-bit 33MHz PCI bus which can only transfer 133 MB/sec at most. If you need this much transfer rate, you likely need PCI Express or PCI-X capture cards or at least a motherboard which has multiple PCI buses (which most desktop boards don't typically have).

You may be able to reduce the resolution and/or frame rate in order to allow the PCI bus to cope. Also, do you have enough CPU and disk speed in order to cope with all these streams?

--
Robert Hancock      Saskatoon, SK, Canada
To email, remove "nospam" from [email protected]