Re: [linux-usb-devel] 2.6.20-rc6 SCSI error: I/O error - trouble with mass storage devices ?!

Greg KH wrote:
On Tue, Jan 30, 2007 at 05:12:54PM -0600, Robert Hancock wrote:
Alan Stern wrote:

The log revealed that the phone's firmware returns garbage values in the Residue field for some WRITEs. This patch should take care of it.

Alan Stern
Is it just me, or should some of these device quirk entries that keep being added be made unconditional? Adding entries for every single device that shows up with these problems seems like not a very scalable approach. These devices obviously work in Windows, can't we just emulate its behavior here?

If you can figure out a way to dynamically detect broken devices like
this, sure, that would be great.

For at least some of these quirks, would there be any harm in applying them to all devices?

--
Robert Hancock      Saskatoon, SK, Canada
To email, remove "nospam" from [email protected]