Re: Free Linux Driver Development!

Roland Dreier wrote:
I disagree -- Linux today gets drivers not just from volunteers
writing drivers from specs, but also from vendors writing drivers and
volunteers writing drivers via reverse engineering.  And many of those
drivers don't work on every platform and aren't supported by
enterprise distros.  And when the community loses interest, drivers
are left to bitrot.

Which of these actively maintained and supported drivers work on only one platform[1], and are excluded from enterprise distros? Can we truly count them as "many", as you repeatedly claim?

	Jeff

[1] obviously excluding drivers for hardware where its only possible to occur on one platform, like SoC devices