Re: [ANNOUNCE] System Inactivity Monitor v1.0

Vojtech Pavlik <[email protected]> writes:

   > Mine problem here is that the input device doesn't care about suspend/resume
   > cycles (it is a straight char driver), probably because it doesn't need to (so
   > far.) Low-level drivers (kbd & co) on the contrary are all bus or platform
   > drivers, hooking directly into suspend/resume callbacks.
   >
   > Do you mean that I should back-propagate a suspend/resume event from the
   > low-level drivers to the input one?

   Yes, but not as a callback, but instead as an input event.

Hum. Usually I'm not so dumb, really.

Problem) I need to know when the system goes to sleep in
drivers/input/input.c. For example, as a consequence of 'echo mem
>/sys/power/state'.

Solution 1) My ideal input layer model would be:

               | SUBSYSTEM INPUT DEVICE* |
                   ^  ^      ^       ^
            +------+  |      +----+  +------+ events
            |         |           |         |
        |KEYBOARD| |MOUSE | |TOUCHSCREEN| |MISC  |
        |DEVICE  | |DEVICE| |DEVICE     | |DEVICE|

               | SUBSYSTEM INPUT DEVICE* |
                   |  |      |       |
            +------+  |      +----+  +------+ suspend()/resume() callbacks
            v         v           v         v
        |KEYBOARD| |MOUSE | |TOUCHSCREEN| |MISC  |
        |DEVICE  | |DEVICE| |DEVICE     | |DEVICE|

Solution 2) On the contrary, you are suggesting to do this:

               |          INPUT DEVICE          |
                   ^     ^      ^           ^
            +------+     |      +----+      +------+ events plus
            |            |           |             | suspend/resume
        |KEYBOARD | |MOUSE    | |TOUCHSCREEN| |MISC      |
        |SUBSYSTEM| |SUBSYSTEM| |SUBSYSTEM  | |SUBSYSTEM |
        |DEVICE*  | |DEVICE*  | |DEVICE*    | |DEVICE*   |

Right?

* or whatever provides suspend/resume callbacks

--
>From their experience or from the recorded experience of others (history), men
learn only what their passions and their metaphysical prejudices allow them to
learn. - Aldous Huxley