Re: 2.6.20-rc6-mm3

On Mon, Jan 29, 2007 at 09:11:39PM -0800, Andrew Morton ([email protected]) wrote:
> > Now that kevent work has settled down, would you be open to including it
> > in -mm?
> >

> I just haven't had the bandwidth to track what's been happening there
> lately.  The two main things which need to be done are
>
> -  a detailed line-by-line review
>
> - for someone to gain a full understanding of the delta between <these
>   patches> and <ulrich> and to explain these differences to mortals and to
>   convince themselves and the rest of us that we're all OK.

This requires either mind-reading machine, or some feedback from Ulrich.
Last main from him about kevent was related to 25 release.

As far as I can see, only questionable parts are signal mask in
syscalls, but nature of kevent signal delivering does not require it,
since mask of pending signals is not updated if special flag is set,
and exceeded functionality (like hrtimers accessible through kevent
interface and as POSIX addon).

--
	Evgeniy Polyakov