Re: [Ksummit-2006-discuss] 2007 Linux Kernel Summit

On 1/24/07, Josh Boyer <[email protected]> wrote:

> > Any other reasons am missing here?
>
> Cost of flying 70 mainly US/European developers to India.

Thanks James. I thought about this factor. Thinking about what are the
factors which make a Kernel developer to show interest on a particular
location.

You have to remember that the Kernel Summit is invite only.  Holding
the summit at a location doesn't really mean it's open to anyone
there.

Defnitely this could be held on invite only. Many Top forums happen in
India in this fashion. This initiatives itself would be like a booster
in a Rocket which gives *huge* impact.

I do strongly feel this would be a big push to Linux among community
(apart from corporates). Plus, a message sender too ;-) We can debate
on this...

josh

Thanks,

~Akula2