mixer hw loosing its settings during suspend

Hi

I was discussing yesterday with Danny on his blok
http://dkukawka.blogspot.com/2006/11/kpowersave-config-tutorial.html about
how to restore sound on my old laptop. He told me that I should drop you a
note as my problem in reality  should be handled by the kernel.

Short story is that I have a old Dell X200 with a Intel sound controller.
lspci says:
00:1f.5 Multimedia audio controller: Intel Corporation 82801CA/CAM AC'97 Audio
Controller (rev 02)

After a suspend cycle sound is muted on all channels until the corresponding
sliders hav been moved.

For my purpose I saved a zero file (mixer setting all zero) and saved this
as /etc/asound.zero. Then I made a /etc/pm/hooks/63sound script in pm-utils

#!/bin/bash
case $1 in
    hibernate|suspend)
        /usr/sbin/alsactl store
        /usr/sbin/alsactl -f /etc/asound.zero restore
        ;;
    thaw|resume)
        /usr/sbin/alsactl restore
        ;;
esac

This hack solves the problem on openSUSE 10.2. Feel free to ignore my letter
as I guess most X200 is dead and gone by now - and my english is bad to :-)
--
Regards
Klaus