Re: PATCH: cyber2010 framebuffer on ARM Netwinder fix...

Just wondering, did the rtc change for the arm get sent up also?

On Tue, 9 Jan 2007, Woody Suwalski wrote:

Martin Michlmayr wrote:
* Stuart Anderson <[email protected]> [2007-01-05 09:40]:

shark w/o any changes to the kernel. I dug a bit further, both in the
driver, and in the HW spec for the shark, and discovered that the video
chip on the shark is connected via the VL bus, not the PCI bus. The
shark does have a VL-PCI bridge, but there doesn't seem to be anything
connected to the PCI side of it (which matches what lspci says). The
function containing the patch in question doesn't appear to even run on
the shark (there is a VL version that is #ifdef SHARK'd), so I'd have
to say the patch would have not impact on the shark.

OK, good news.  Thanks for checking.  Woody, can you submit the patch
(with proper intentation) to [email protected]

As suggested - I am sending this patch to fbdev-devel....

The Netwinder machines with Cyber2010 crash badly when starting Xserver.
The workaround is to disable pci burst option for this revision of video chip.

Thanks, Woody

                                Stuart

Stuart R. Anderson                               [email protected]
Network & Software Engineering                   http://www.netsweng.com/
1024D/37A79149:                                  0791 D3B8 9A4C 2CDC A31F
                                                 BD03 0A62 E534 37A7 9149