Re: 2.6.20-rc5: usb mouse breaks suspend to ram

Hi,

On Tue, Jan 16, 2007 at 04:25:20PM -0500, Dmitry Torokhov wrote:
> No, HID is the preferred... I am not sure what is going on - on my box
> STR does not work at all thanks to nvidia chip turning the display on
> all the way as the very last step of suspend ;(

One or several of these options might help cure this:
- agp=off kernel command line (plus AGP driver option enabled in nvidia xorg.conf)
- suspend: cat /proc/bus/pci/AA/BB.C >/tmp/video_state    --> resume
- suspend: vbetool vbestate save    --> resume
- directly after resume: vbetool post
- playing with chvt to not stay in X vt upon suspend
- acpi_sleep=s3_bios or acpi_sleep=s3_mode

Especially the PCI video_state trick finally got me a working resume on
2.6.19-ck2 r128 Rage Mobility M4 AGP *WITH*(!) fully enabled and working
(and keeping working!) DRI (3D).
Or, to be precise, video_state was the ticket to keeping X.org alive
after resume instead of near-100% X lockup, which then allowed
vbestate post to successfully deal with the remaining pixel line distortion
in order to get a clear display again.
And some agp hacks might have played a role here, too, need to investigate
this again and submit something if this is the case.

In your case this sounds like the all-too-familiar mis-signalling of the
TFT display causing it to "melt" which ends up with an all-white screen,
so this should most likely be cured via vbetool post or so.

keywords: agpgart r128 suspend resume vbetool intel-agp dri

Andreas Mohr