Re: Gaming Interface

On Mon, Jan 08, 2007 at 04:36:01PM +0100, Dirk wrote:
> Helge Hafting wrote:
> >Either _you_ code your game interface yourself, or you fund
> >some developers to do it for you. It is that simple.  You can
> >of course come here and ask advice about how to do it
> >and what parts will be accepted into the kernel and what parts
> >must stay outside it.
> >
> >This is not the place to post an idea and then expect someone
> >to actually program it.  This is the place where you may discuss
> >an idea, and then find out if Linus might accept your patch - or not!
> >
> >Helge Hafting
>
> Alright. I came to discuss an idea I had

Open source does not work by telling about some seemingly good idea you
had and expecting other people to implement your idea.

Open source works by you implementing your idea.

Try it yourself, and you will see the technical problems of your idea
(e.g. porting userrspace code to the stack-limited kernel or crashing
the whole computer with bugs in the libraries) yourself.

> because I realized that
> installing Windows and running Linux in VMware is the only _fun_ way to
> play "real" Games and have Linux at the same time.
>
> And everyone who says I'm a troll doesn't like Games or simple things.

You talk as if you knew everything about games on Windows, but you seem
to not even have heard of Wine or Cedega?

Please do your homework before spreading wild guessings and ideas.

> Dirk

cu
Adrian

       "Only a promise," Lao Er said.