Re: Multi kernel tree support on the same distro?

On 1/7/07, Willy Tarreau <[email protected]> wrote:
As I already explained in another mail, 2.4.34 builds with gcc-4.1 on x86
and a few other archs. I also explained how to do this :

$ make CC=gcc-4.1

I don't know how I can explain it to you an easier way, but what I'm sure
about is that if you are having such big trouble understanding simple
commands like this, you will certainly encounter many more when building
your own distro.

I have understood that, it seems I have confused (and myself too) with
my doubts on gcc/kernel versions (getting into details).

> Whole idea is to have 2 compilers (gcc-3.4.x, gcc-4.1.x) on the both
> the kernels.

That's what I understood and the need I replied too the first time.

Thanks a lots for your inputs. I shall post more questions once I
progress with this experimental work :-)

Willy

~Akula2