Re: [RFC,PATCHSET] Managed device resources

On Thu, Jan 04, 2007 at 05:26:43PM -0500, Jeff Garzik wrote:
> Greg KH wrote:
> >Hm, but I guess without the follow-up patches for libata, it will not
> >really get tested much.  Jeff, if I accept this, what's your feelings of
> >letting libata be the "test bed" for it?
>

> It would be easiest for me to merge this through my
> libata-dev.git#upstream tree.  That will auto-propagate it to -mm, and
> ensure that both base and libata bits are sent in one batch.
>
> Just shout if you see NAK-able bits...
>
> Work for you?

That works for me.

The only question I have is on the EXPORT_SYMBOL() stuff for the new
driver/base/ functions.  Tejun, traditionally the driver core has all
exported symbols marked with EXPORT_SYMBOL_GPL().  So, any objection to
marking the new ones (becides the "mirror" functions) in this manner?

thanks,

greg k-h